New Cloud Service Provider – CX launches Android Client
These days the “tech term” which is popular among corporates and internet users is “cloud service”. From Microsoft, Apple, Amazon to Google, everyone are striving hard to impact the internet market with their cloud based service. Apple has introduced iCloud to auto-sync your life and Microsoft has come out with Office 365 as a cloud storage service.
But, what is a cloud service basically?
According to this Wikipedia article on cloud service
Cloud computing is the delivery of computing as a service rather than a product, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices as a metered service over a network (typically the Internet). Computing clouds provide computation, software, data access, and storage resources without requiring cloud users to know the location and other details of the computing infrastructure. Within limits, cloud users can consume any amount of these resources without having first to acquire servers or other computing equipment.
CX (Cloud Experience) is a new entrant into the cloud storage services market. Most of the cloud service providers provide a considerable amount of cloud storage space to store data and also allow the users to access and view the data virtually from anywhere in the world. To enrich users experience, cloud service providers are also providing mobile client which can remotely share, access and store data The iOS client has been released few months back and the Android version was released lately.
The iOS app of CX provides all the web services like modifying cloud content, interacting with other users using group chat, syncing information across many devices and sharing file download links privately and publicly. But the Android app of CX only supports browsing cloud data.
The main features provided by CX Android client are as follows:
- View and Download shared content
- Check the description and upload time of files
- Detailed breakdown of total space consumption
- Total amount of data uploaded from your personal account and group members.
But initially, you need to login to the app with a valid CX account.
Cons of CX Android client
The power to upload files directly from your mobile device to the cloud is missing. It also lacks the mobility to modify and sync your content.
CX requires a minimum of Android 2.2 platform or higher and can be downloaded from the below link.
Download CX for Android
- Pleeq – Cloud or Web Service to Bookmark Images or Photos and Share them
- What is Office 365? Cloud Service and Security!
- Samsung’s New Galaxy S 3.6 – Android: Fun without the Contract
- Official CNN App for Android Phones : Receive Notifications, Latest Headlines, Stream Video Podcasts
- Control Kid Access to SmartPhone using Android Parental Control
- Essential Apps for every Smartphone : Android, iPhone etc
- 2 Android Apps Review : HowStuffWorks – &- AutoCAD WS
- Twhirl! Twitter Desktop client!