How to Send Mail in Outlook – Mailing only No Receiving using Google Account
The process to just send and receive mail in Outlook ( any version Outlook 2003, 2o07 and 2010) from a Gmail account is well documented. But sometimes, you only want to send to mail recipient from outlook, but not receive any mail. This is so because, you may have subscribed to lot of blogs, forums, discussions and your mailbox is filled with junk. But you want to use your account. So when you click on any mail address on the internet, a compose message opens automatically in Outlook 2010 and you can send mail using the configured Gmail account. This works similar for other mail accounts like Hotmail or Yahoo.
Send Mail Only using Gmail account in Outlook 2010, No receiving Mails
I’ll details the process of how to achieve this in Outlook 2010. The process should be similar to Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003. If you’re operating Outlook 2010 for the first time, it’ll automatically ask to configure an account. But I’ll show on creating a mail account, to send mails only from outlook using your gmail account, after opening Outlook 2010.
Open Outlook 2010 from your All Programs or Search in Windows 7, Vista or XP.
Click on File. On the left pane when you click Info you can see Add Account. Otherwise, click on Account Settings and from the drop down also you can create an account.
This will open a pop-up window to create an email account with Outlook 2010.
Check the radio button that says “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”. Click on Next.
Check the radio button Internet E-mail. Click on Next.
Ente your information correctly as mentioned in the above screenshot.
Note: Before you try to send mail from outlook, you need to allow enable IMAP in your Google mail settings. This is very easy. In your Gmail, just click on Settings (drop-down menu of the Gear icon) and highlight the tab Forwarding and POP/IMAP. There you’ve options to enable POP or IMAP.
Some important points to be noted in the above settings screenshot.
- In the E-mail address field, give the Gmail account through which you want send mail completely eg. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. i.e @gmail.com should also be given.
- In the account type select IMAP.
- Very Important: For Incoming mail server, you’ve to give some value but should be a wrong one. This is because you only want to send mail using your Gmail account, but not receive any mails.
- Uncheck the Test Account Settings option.
Next click on More Settings.
Click on Advanced tab. For the Outgoing server (SMTP) option, select TLS for encrypted connections and then give the port number 587. Don’t change the Incoming server options.
Click on Outgoing server tab.
Check the above options as shown in screenshot. Click on OK.
Now you’ll be shown the Internet/E-mail settings window. Click on Test Account Settings. This will send a test mail to your configured Gmail account, but no mail will be downloaded to your mail client i.e Outlook.
The above error for incoming mail server is shown as we have not configured for incoming mails.
- Outlook Express and Windows 7: Import e-mail/email
- Download Gmail to multiple POP clients like Outlook 2007, 2010, Office 365 : Use Recent Mode
- Opera Mail Client! Check Multiple G-mail Accounts
- Outlook Express and Windows 7: Import Contacts
- BCC all Email Automatically to a particular address in Outlook 2007, 2010 : VBA Code
- Disable Auto-Add Contacts in G-mail : Add Contacts Manually
- How to use Mail in Windows 7: Windows Live Mail & Gmail Set Up
- Alternative to Hotmail : Top 10 Benefits of using Gmail as Internet E-mail