[Tutorial] Insert or Embed YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2010 or 2007 or 2003 – Different Methods
The YouTube service is well acknowledged for it’s video service and you can embed YouTube video in various applications. But sometimes in workplace or office, it becomes a necessary to embed YouTube video in Office applications. PowerPoint is the main MS Office application you use to to embed your YouTube video.
How to Embed YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2010
Follow the steps below.
- Visit the YouTube website or link, which you want to embed in PowerPoint 2010.
- Below the YouTube video, select Share -> Embed -> Use old embed code.
(Credit : dvd-ppt-slideshow.com)
- You can select different sizes for the YouTube video in the same page and the embed code modifies accordingly.
- Copy the embed code to your clipboard or just press Ctrl + C
- Now open PowerPoint 2010 and go to the slide where you want to embed the YouTube Video.
- Select Insert -> Video -> Video from Web Site…
- When the “Insert Video from Web Site” dialog appears, paste the code from the clipboard or press Ctrl + V.
- A Shockwave Flash object gets inserted into your PowerPoint slide. The background will be black.
You can resize this embedded YouTube video or object to fit your needs. But the YouTube video will not play now in the design mode. In order to check whether the embedded YouTube video works, you need to run the presentation by pressing F5. Your embedded YouTube video may not display immediately, but a white blank screen appears.
- Important : Click somewhere on the slide. This will display the embedded YouTube video. Click the arrow to start playing. It’s also mandatory you’ve an active internet connection for this to work.
The above method can also be applied to embed videos from other sharing sites like Metacafe, Revver, Flickr, MySpace, Facebook etc. This can be done by copying the appropriate Flash video embed code from the appropriate application and paste into the “Insert Video from Website” dialog mentioned earlier. This method is not just restricted for embedding web videos in PowerPoint.
You can also apply this method
- to include Flash embed code from Slideshare to play a web presentation inside your PowerPoint presentation ,
- to embed an MP3 player to play streaming music from inside your PowerPoint slide.
Method 2: When you upload PPT to online service
The above method fails when you upload your PowerPoint presentation to an online service and share, because most PowerPoint hosting sites don’t recognize Flash objects. In that case, you can use the AuthorStream add-in.
Download authorSTREAM Add-In
Method 3: If you want to use YouTube URL instead of embed code
If you want to use the YouTube video URL, instead of the embed code, you can use the YouTube Video Wizard(YTV) free add-in.
You can follow the following tutorial from nirmaltv for a detailed explanation on how to embed YouTube video in PowerPoint 2010.
Method 4: Offline method
You can also manually download the YouTube videos and convert to AVI file using any video converter software and embed the YouTube video into your PowerPoint 2010 presentation. This works well if you don’t have active internet connection and want to give your presentation in offline mode. Follow the following tutorial from labnol.org for a detailed explanation.
Embed YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2007 or 2003
This is a little difficult scenario, as there was NO direct option in PowerPoint 2007 or 2003 to directly embed YouTube video. You can follow the following tutorial from blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu to embed YouTube video in PowerPoint 2007 or 2003. You can also use the AuthorStream add-in method to embed YouTube video in PowerPoint 2007.
- BCC all Email Automatically to a particular address in Outlook 2007, 2010 : VBA Code
- Remove Duplicates in Excel 2007/2010
- How to jailbreak Apple iPad: Demo with YouTube Video
- Download Gmail to multiple POP clients like Outlook 2007, 2010, Office 365 : Use Recent Mode
- Download NPTEL videos: Xilisoft Download YouTube Video
- Google Plus (or) Google+: What is it? YouTube Video!
- Tiny YouTube MP3 Converter: Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 songs
- Office 2010 Documents : Save/Store/Sync with SkyDrive