How to Upgrade/Downgrade Firefox 7/6/5/4/3.6 to Firefox 7/6/5/4/3.6/3.5 [Tutorial]
With the recent release of Firefox 7 (7.1 to be precise), everyone would have upgrade Firefox to the latest release. The Firefox upgrade process is very simple.
How to Upgrade Firefox 7/6/5/4/3.6 Automatically.
Open Options > Advanced > Update tab.
You can upgrade firefox to 4 or any other version automatically using that above settings. Click the checkbox next to Firefox under “Automatically check for updates to:”. Next, select the radio-button which says “Automatically download and install the update” and click the checkbox that says “Warn me if this will disable any of my add-ons”. This will automatically upgrade mozilla firefox,whenever, there is a complete/full release (NO betas) and warns you if you’ve any incompatible add-ons.
How to Upgrade Firefox Manually.
If you want to upgrade Firefox manually, you need to disable update checking for Firefox, by un-checking the checkbox next to Firefox under “Automatically check for updates to:”.
Method 1 : From Help Menu
Open the pop-up window Help > About Firefox.
Click on “Check for Updates”. This method is useful, if you want more control over the Firefox upgrade process.
Method 2: Download the Firefox .exe from FileHippo.com
Go to the above link, and there you’ll find different versions of Firefox including beta versions. Download the Firefox version of your choice and install the .exe file.
This will upgrade Firefox over the existing version and will also ask you the option to set Firefox as your default web browser.
How to downgrade Firefox 7/6/5/4/3.6/3.5.
After you upgrade Firefox to the latest version, sometimes your existing add-ons or extensions are incompatible. So till the add-on developer releases a newer version for the new Firefox upgrade, you’ve to wait or downgrade Firefox to a lower version.
- Visit Firefox releases folder located in Mozilla FTP Server directory in your browser.
2. Open (Firefox stable release version eg. 6.0.2) > win32 > en-US and download the Firefox x.x.x(x.x.x – stands for version) setup file.
3. Install the .exe file over the existing Firefox version.
4. You’ll be automatically downgraded to the version you downloaded from Firefox releases folder, without loosing any add-ons, settings or extensions.
5. During the Firefox downgrade installation process, you may see “Upgrade” button (instead of “Downgrade”), which you can safely ignore and go-ahead.
Note: If you want to use or stay on Firefox x.x.x version forever disable update for Firefox from Tools>Options>Advanced>Update tab and uncheck for Firefox under “Automatically check for Updates to”. Whenever you want to upgrade Firefox, you can use the manual method.
- Firefox 4/5/6 Add-on Compatibility: Use Older Add-ons
- 3 Amazing New Firefox 5 features : Download Firefox 5
- Where is the Status Bar in Firefox [Solved]?
- Focus Keyboard : Firefox Addon to enhance Computer Keyboard Functions
- Download Profiler: Firefox Addon to Categorize Downloads
- IE, Firefox, Opera ! Change your default search engine
- Browse Firefox Faster: Speed Up using Firetune extension
- Download YouTube Videos from Cache using Internet Explorer / Firefox and IDM.