How to Subscribe to Facebook ? Everything about Subscriptions!
If you’ve a Facebook page ( a fan page to be precise) and you’ve a blog, you can automatically post summaries of your blog posts to the fan page. If anyone likes the “Like” button on the fan page, your posts on fan page are shared on their profile. But, if you’ve a profile page, you share most of the posts with friends, relatives and family. But in case, you found out that there is some other information other than your blog content, that you like to share with a large audience or public (Facebook language), then you need the help of the new “Subscribe” button.
How to Subscribe to Facebook “someone”?
The Subscribe button comes in handy when you like somebody’s wall posts and want to receive notifications or updates about those posts, without making friends with him or her. Assuming your friend has a “Subscribe” button on his wall page, the steps are as follows!
- Login to your facebook account and click on Home. (eg. Admin)
- In the search bar, type your “friend’s name”. (eg. Karri Avinash)
- Your friend’s wall page will open.
- On this page, on the top right hand corner you’ll find “Add Friend”, “Subscribe” etc.
- Click the Subscribe button.
- You’re subscribed to your facebook “someone” and you can receive updates of his wall post on your news feed.
- After subscribing, the Subscribe button turns to Subscribed.
- If you want more options click the Subscribed button.
You can either subscribe to All Updates, Most Updates, Only Important ones. (quantity). You can also subscribe to Life Events, Status Updates, Photos, etc (quality). Finally, you’ve the Unsubscribe button to unsubscribe from your “non-friends” updates.
When you click on your “name” (eg. Admin) on the top right hand side, you will see your wall page. There on the left, there is a Subscriptions button. When you click it, you can see the people you Subscribed. Generally these appear on Public Subscriptions.
But if you click on Friend Subscriptions, you can see all your friends. By default, you’re subscribed to their updates, just like when you click on “Subscribe” button. You’ve the same options here also just like earlier and you can also “Unsubscribe” and be a friend also. when you click the “Subscribed” button.
- How to use the “new Facebook”? SmartLists, Ticker, BlueIcon, Subscriptions etc.
- Hide/Block/Remove/Delete Facebook Friend User Updates on the Wall
- Comment on Facebook Fanpage Wall
- How do I download Facebook?
- Four Must-Have Chrome extension for Facebook
- How to Remove-Delete-Unlike Facebook Page
- How to Delete/Remove Facebook Application
- Chit Chat for Facebook: Blackberry Facebook Chat App