Mouse Pointer Problems: CD Icon Flashing next to Mouse Pointer [Solved]: Windows 7, Vista, XP
People using desktops/computers/pcs etc still continue to face several mouse pointer problems like
- mouse pointer jumping around the screen
- mouse pointer display issues
- weird leaping mouse problems
- mouse pointer sliding down the screen
- mouse pointer zips to the corners
- mouse pointer moving on its own
and many more!!
I recently observed a CD icon flashing next to mouse pointer, which I couldn’t find a solution immediately on googling the web. This happens only sometimes. So I researched on my own and found a solution.
I opened the Device Manager. (Control Panel -> Device Manager)
Right-click on your “computer name” and Scan for hardware changes.
This will remove the small disc or cd icon next to your mouse pointer or cursor.
- Devcon problem in Windows 7 : [Solved]
- USB Mouse Not Recognized on Windows 7 : Solution
- Windows 7! Show Desktop Icon
- Ways to Increase Internet Speed: Windows 7, Vista, XP
- Windows 7, Vista ShutDown Faster!
- Connect Internet Automatically On Windows 7/Vista/XP Start Up
- Internet Explorer 8 Accelerator : Turn the Icon On or Off!
- IE8! Problems