BCC all Email Automatically to a particular address in Outlook 2007, 2010 : VBA Code
You want to mark a BCC of all the emails which you send, to a particular email address without installing a special add-on or a tool for it.
You can make this wish come true with VBA programming.
- For this, open Outlook and press [Alt]+[F11] to start the editor for Microsoft Visual Basic for Application (VBA).
- Enable the view of VBA modules in a tree structure in the editor via ‘View -> Project Explorer’.
- Then in this structure, click the small plus symbols in front of ‘Project1’ and ‘Microsoft Outlook Objects’ and double click ‘ThisOutlookSession’.
- In the code editor window, choose ‘Application’ in the drop-down menu on the top-left.
- In the drop-down menu on the top-right choose ‘ItemSend’.
- Then type the following VBA program in the editor after ‘Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item as Object, Cancel As Boolean)’ and before ‘End Sub’.
Dim objRecip As Recipient
Dim strMsg As String
Dim res As Integer
Dim strBcc As String
On Error Resume Next
‘ #### USER OPTIONS ####
‘ address for Bcc — must be SMTP address or resolvable
‘ to a name in the address book
strBcc = "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Set objRecip = Item.Recipients.Add(strBcc)
objRecip.Type = olBCC
If Not objRecip.Resolve Then
strMsg = "Could not resolve the Bcc recipient. " & _
"Do you want still to send the message?"
res = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, _
"Could Not Resolve Bcc Recipient")
If res = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
Set objRecip = Nothing
- Replace email@example.com there with the desired mail address to which Outlook should send BCCs of the sent message automatically.
- After the input, save your program with [Ctrl]+[S] and close the editor with ‘File -> Close and Return to Microsoft Outlook’.
Note that your security settings may deactivate the macro when you start Outlook. In such a case, either change the settings accordingly or mark your macro.
- Download Gmail to multiple POP clients like Outlook 2007, 2010, Office 365 : Use Recent Mode
- Top 8 Reasons: Upgrade to Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Outlook Express and Windows 7: Import e-mail/email
- Remove Duplicates in Excel 2007/2010
- Microsoft Office 2010 Version & Price Comparison
- Outlook Express and Windows 7: Import Contacts
- Stop Firefox from AutoComplete/Suggest Address Url
- Outlook Express and Windows 7: Import Calendars