Remove Duplicates in Excel 2007/2010
You want to remove duplicate entries from a large table and are looking for a quick and easy solution without any filters or complicated formula.
- Use the mouse and select the cell area from which you want to remove duplicate entries.
- Then click the ‘Data’ tab and then the ‘Remove duplicates’ button in the multi-function tool bar.
- In the following dialog, you can define the columns of the area to be included in the comparison of individual rows.
- All cells of the two rows should thus not display the same content due to which the rows become duplicates of each other.
- In the ‘Columns’ field, remove the checkmark in front of the columns which you want to ignore during the comparison and then click ‘OK’.
Note: If you do not include all columns in the comparison (when there are obvious differences between the individual rows), Excel always retains the first (topmost) row out of the rows that have been identified as duplicate. This is important when the previously excluded cells are required later.
- Download Gmail to multiple POP clients like Outlook 2007, 2010, Office 365 : Use Recent Mode
- Microsoft Office 2010 Version & Price Comparison
- Office 2010 Documents : Save/Store/Sync with SkyDrive
- “No Dupe” easily removes Duplicate Files in Windows 7
- Remove Chat Contact from Gmail
- How to Delete/Remove Facebook Application
- Top 8 Reasons: Upgrade to Microsoft Outlook 2010