Google Plus (or) Google+: What is it? YouTube Video!
Google finally answered Facebook critics, with it’s own social network answer in the form of Google Plus (or) Google +. There was much fuss about when Google+ would be released and finally it launched on June 28th, as a trial version. Initially, it was only on an “invite” basis, but now anyone with a Google account could login into Google Plus.
Here is a brief introduction of the 4 main features of Google Plus.
YouTube Video Guide of Google Plus
Basically, Google Plus is a mix of 4 core group services.
- Circles : Groups isolated for privacy sake
- Hangouts : Video chat service
- Hurdles : IM service
- Sparks: Search your friend groups
Circles are basically are groups of networks. In real life, you share information based on a criterion with a particular group of members or friends. For eg. you have a “Family” network, where you share all your personal stuff with the members in this network or group. Similarly, you may have “Office”, “Biking”,”High School” networks. So this concept is digitized into Google+as a CIRCLE concept. So each network or group is a circle. Some default circles come with Google Plus. But, you can also create a new circle. You can add friends, members from a known list or suggested list to your favourite circle.
Hangouts is basically a video chat service. Whenever you want to chat with a group of friends, you can start a hangout. If you find someone is already on video chat when you login to Google Plus, you can join that room.
Hurdles is just another IM service like Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk etc. It was just included into Google+, to just complete the rich feature set of services available to Google+ users.
Sparks is one another innovative and search-rich feature added to Google+. You can search different groups of friends or circles, about different information using Sparks.
You can also add photos to Google+ and share these photos to your desired circle or circles. All your circles are listed under a Stream. Also, there are no ads for the time-being, unlike Facebook. But you miss many of the apps, you’ve in Facebook, which may or may not be to your liking.
Already, 10 million users subscribed to Google+, either through invite or joined through Google account. Just visit this link, to join Google+ with your Google account.
- How to jailbreak Apple iPad: Demo with YouTube Video
- Enlarge-Zoom Images to Full Size Automatically: Google Chrome Extension – Hover Zoom
- Download NPTEL videos: Xilisoft Download YouTube Video
- Caret Browsing in Google Chrome
- Save/Bookmark all open Tabs : Google Chrome
- Save/Store Office Docs Online with Google Docs and Google Apps
- Tiny YouTube MP3 Converter: Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 songs
- Related Posts – Links – Search widget for Blogger from Google