Stop Firefox from AutoComplete/Suggest Address Url
The latest Firefox 4.0 has many rich enhancements with additional themes provided to suit your liking. But one default option that comes is, the auto-completion of address url in the address bar or location bar. There is a simple tweak to stop FF from suggesting auto-completion of address url from history and bookmarks. Otherwise, this annoying feature will make your address url being filled up with non-sense urls from history and bookmarks.
1. Click on Tools > Options
2. From the pop-up window, select Privacy on the top.
3. In this mode, you can see “When using the location bar, suggest:” setting under the Location Bar.
4. Select “Nothing” from the drop-down box.
That’s it! You’ll never be bothered with any auto-complete address urls when you type anything into the address bar or location bar.
But unlike me, if you want to allow suggestions in the address bar, you can select the other options like.
- History and Bookmarks
By default, Firefox will suggest urls from your History and Bookmarks. But if you want to suggest urls from History or Bookmarks, you can select the appropriate options in the drop-down box.
- Focus Keyboard : Firefox Addon to enhance Computer Keyboard Functions
- IE, Firefox, Opera ! Change your default search engine
- Gmail! Stop adding contacts automatically
- Disable-Stop-Remove Google Instant Search
- Browse Firefox Faster: Speed Up using Firetune extension
- How to Synchronize Xmarks Profile in Google Chrome
- Download Profiler: Firefox Addon to Categorize Downloads
- Enable/Show IE9 Beta Menu Bar Permanently