Focus Keyboard : Firefox Addon to enhance Computer Keyboard Functions
I just reviewed a Firefox addon, but found another extension which completely enhances your browsing experience. Focus Keyboard is a Firefox add-on which adds a few keyboard enhancements to make your browsing experience seamless. It makes complicated tasks like opening websites, editing URL in address bar, copy URL within a webpage to the address bar etc so easy. You can use Enter key to reload the page, Delete key to jump to the end of the URL address to edit it etc.
If you don’t want these keyboard enhancements on specific webpages or sites, you can add to ignore list or blacklist them.
Once the extension is installed, you can configure the options from Extension Manager window. Under Main features section, options to Automatically type into the location bar, Tab in order between checked elements, and to Highlight tabbed element can be found. From right side, you can add additional keyboard enhancements, such as, Escape key to blur focus from any web element, Enter key to reload the current page, Delete key to jump to end of URL in address bar, and Ctrl + V to either paste the copied text to address bar or to search bar.
The extension works on Firefox 3.0 – 4.0.*
[via Addictive Tips]
- Download Profiler: Firefox Addon to Categorize Downloads
- Best Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts
- IE, Firefox, Opera ! Change your default search engine
- Drag and Drop using Keyboard – Windows
- Windows Live Writer 2011 – Keyboard Shortcuts
- Browse Firefox Faster: Speed Up using Firetune extension
- RSS Chrome Extension/Plugin : RSS Feed Not Showing in Chrome [Solved]
- Caret Browsing in Internet Explorer: Select Text with keyboard