Official CNN App for Android Phones : Receive Notifications, Latest Headlines, Stream Video Podcasts
If you’re an Android fan, new apps are your look out. Recently, CNN app for Android tablets was officially released in February this year and now the app has found its way to the smart phone. The app’s features include ability to view latest headlines, receive notifications for breaking news, listen to CNN Radio reports, stream video reports, podcasts and interviews, share the reports with your friends, upload your own stories with attached photo or video with CNN iReport.
The app launches into Headlines screen and to open app’s homescreen, tap the home icon on the top left corner.
Features of CNN App for Android
- Switch between categories/regions and stories by swiping right and left using the interface.
- Share button to share the viewed story on social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Stream CNN Radio reports, using the phone as normal.
- View live video feeds, in addition to watching video reports for top stories
- Submit your own stories with CNN iReport online service for citizen journalists.
- Toggle breaking news notifications or manually from Menu > Settings > Breaking News.
Drawbacks of CNN App for Android
The app was tested on 4 phones (Nexus S, Desire, Desire Z and Galaxy S). When the Profile section is accessed, the app begins to search your location (via GPS/Network), but never succeeds. When you try to manually save the location, it disappears when you try to exit Profile section and access it again.
[via ADDICTIVE TIPS]
- How to Change Android Fonts – Font Changer is the App
- Install New Android Market 2.2.6 On Your Phone
- Use Gmail To Call Phones – US & Canada Only
- Convert Video Files to Different Formats : MotionMan
- How to jailbreak Apple iPad: Demo with YouTube Video
- Take a Screenshot on iPad : No App Required
- Top 5 Mobile IM Applications – Based on Poll
- Download NPTEL videos: Xilisoft Download YouTube Video