Disable Auto-Add Contacts in G-mail : Add Contacts Manually
By default, in G-mail, if you send, reply or forward e-mails to your friends, it automatically saves the e-mail address of that contact in “Other Contacts” in the “Contacts” list. Even, if somebody sends you mail, the contact’s e-mail address is saved in “Other Contacts”. To add that contact to “My Contacts” just check that contact and click on “Add to My Contacts”.
This auto-add feature is useful, if you’ve limited new e-mail contacts. If you’re constantly mailing or getting mails from anonymous users, the list grows big. To disable this feature and add contacts manually to “My Contacts” list, you simply check the new settings.
To do this go to Settings at the top right hand corner of G-mail and in General Settings, go down. Select “I’ll add contacts myself” in “Create contacts for auto-complete” and click on “Save Changes” at the bottom. From now onwards, e-mail addresses that are manually added to contacts only will be listed.
- Opera Mail Client! Check Multiple G-mail Accounts
- Outlook Express and Windows 7: Import Contacts
- Gmail! Stop adding contacts automatically
- How to use Mail in Windows 7: Windows Live Mail & Gmail Set Up
- Outlook Express and Windows 7: Import e-mail/email
- Auto Advance to Next Message in Gmail
- Remove Chat Contact from Gmail
- Disable-Stop-Remove Google Instant Search