Download Windows 7 SP1 – Service Pack : Windows Update
Windows 7 has been released in Oct 2009 and time has come for Microsoft to release its service update. Just like Windows XP & Vista, which have had their share of releases for service updates like XP SP3 and Vista SP2, Microsoft has released SP1 – Service Pack 1 for Windows 7.
The updating process is very easy.
You need to go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update
The update KB976932 which is Windows 7 SP1 will be available in the options. Just select the update and click Install. My system showed the SP1 update to be ~70 MB approx. But when I checked the official Microsoft page, it showed a different size. Also, it took me an hour or so on an 1 MBPS connection to complete the download and install the update.
After updating, you can check whether Windows 7 SP1 is installed on your computer, just as in the screenshot below.
To check it, just click Start and right click on Computer and select Properties from the context menu, in Windows 7. As you can see, Service Pack 1 will be displayed in the information window. According to official page, it takes 30 minutes to update and you need to restart the computer about halfway through the installation.
What’s included in Win 7 SP1?
It includes formerly released security, stability and performance updates for Windows 7. New improvements to features and services like improved reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing using the XPS viewer, and restoring previous folders in Windows Explorer after restarting etc, are included in this Service Pack update.
Direct Download of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
If you’re interested in getting a direct download of SP1, you can visit the official Microsoft Windows 7 download page and download from it.
Some More Significant Links – Regarding Windows 7 SP1
- Learn how to Install Win 7 SP1
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 download
- How to uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Experience Theme pack
- Autopatcher: No Need of Automatic Update: Download updates and install them on many computers.
- Beware of Microsoft Update KB971033: Windows Activation Technologies
- Avira Manual Update – Download
- Uninstall Windows 7 Activation Technologies update: KB971033
- Windows 7 ! Download Problems
- How to Update Microsoft Offline using AutoPatcher
- Windows 7 RC Download & Requirements