Picture/Photo/Image ThumbNail Previews not showing in Windows 7 [Solved]
I recently changed by Theme in Windows 7, with a whole lot of other settings, when I clicked the option for better performance in system properties window. This changed by default Aero theme to Win 2000 kind of theme. Later, I restored back to Aero theme, upon which I faced this problem. The thumbnail previews of pictures/photos in the Windows Explorer, seemed to disappear after making this change. I tried a few troubleshooting steps and soon became numb with trying. So I google-d for a solution and finally reached to this page.
Though some of the users, couldn’t find a solution to this problem in the forum post, many users did find the solution.
Here is a screenshot, when the images/photos/pictures thumbnail previews don’t show up in your Windows Explorer/Pictures library.
Generally you’ve the feeling you might have messed up something or some virus cropped up or there are some errors to your Window 7 installation. But the solutions are very simple. You can try any of these 3 methods for reaching the desired solution, which will help you in troubleshooting the thumbnails previews not working properly.
1. Open your Windows Explorer.
2. From the menu, Organize > Folder and Search Options
3. This will pop-up the Folder Options window.
4. Click the View tab.
5. Uncheck the following option, if it’s checked.
Always show icons, never thumbnails
6. Click on Apply.
7. Click on OK.
This setting will restore your thumbnail previews of your pictures/photos/images to the normal routine.
1. Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings.
2. In this window, select Advanced tab.
3. In this tab, select Performance > Settings > Visual Effects
4. Select the check box “Show thumbnails instead of icons” and click on Apply button.
1. Open the folder in Windows Explorer .
2. Click the down arrow next to Views at the top.
3. Choose Medium icons and see if the thumbnails start working again.
You might be lucky with any of these 3 methods, after which the thumbnail previews of your pictures/images/photos will start-up to show instantly!
- Windows 7: Customize Thumbnail previews in your taskbar
- Beware of Microsoft Update KB971033: Windows Activation Technologies
- Disable Windows 7 Taskbar Preview! It Works!
- Devcon problem in Windows 7 : [Solved]
- Windows 7 System Image Backup: Helpful on Failure
- Windows 7: Restore System Image BackUp In case of System or Boot Failure
- Convert Apple iPad to Digital Photo Frame
- Windows 7 download: Best 30 HD wallpapers