Free File Manager – Alternative to Windows Explorer
Many Windows OS users are accustomed to using Windows Explorer as their default file manager. Though Windows Explorer is good, it still needs to improved on various features. Today, I’m going to introduce you to a new file manager called SE-Explorer.
The main features of the file manager include tabbed interface, search functionality, size scanner, compare files, access command line using the address field, media player etc. It has powerful dual panel file manager.
Using the enhanced file search functionality, you can search for files. You can search for pictures, music or video, text in files, files by tags, all files, folder etc.
There is also an embedded size scanner in the file manager. You can scan for the top largest files, disks summary, folder sizes, file sizes info etc.
Even for the programmers, there is the needy feature of file comparison. This feature would be handy for web designers as well and people have lot of lines of code to compare.
It also supports text viewer with syntax highlighting, hex viewer for binary files, web browser for web and email files, compare folders by content including subfolders.
Cons of SE-Explorer
- SE-Explorer often crashed on my Windows 7 system.
- The search functionality did not work for sub-folders.
- To check the size of different drives on My Computer, you need to do a scan. This is present by default in Windows Explorer.
- Best Windows 7 Apps for Free!
- Synchronize with Skydrive from Windows Explorer using SDExplorer plugin
- FreeRapid Downloader 0.8.2! Easy download from file hosting services like Rapidshare , Megaupload etc.
- Internet Explorer 8 Accelerator : Turn the Icon On or Off!
- Format Factory 2.0! Free Software to Convert VCD/*.dat TO DVD/*.vob
- How to Open Internet Explorer pages in Chrome
- Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)! Open tabs faster
- “Cannot find the file Wordret.msi” – Error Installing Office XP SP-1