Office 2010 Documents : Save/Store/Sync with SkyDrive
If you must be wondering what is windows live skydrive, you must read my earlier post on mapping skydrive with windows explorer. Though skydrive live can be used as a online storage, it can also used to save, store and sync your Office 2010 documents on it. The procedure for doing is very simple.
- Open any Office 2010 document for e.g Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010.
- Then click on File > Save & Send > Save to Web.
There will be some processing, before the option to save to Windows Live SkyDrive is shown. Sign in with your Windows Live credentials and your skydrive live will open.
After signing in to your Window Live account, you can see the different folders available in your Windows Live Skydrive. You can click the appropriate folder to save and sync the document. There is also a Save As button to save as a different file.
Creating a new folder did not work for me. In order to circumvent the problem, it is better to create a folder using SDExplorer plugin. Then refresh the list of folders to see the appropriate folder. After you save the document, you can see the status of the document being uploaded to the server.
From now, all your changes are saved and synchronized on the server. This is an easy way of sharing your Office 2010 documents and saving them online.
Kudos, Thanks for reading!
- Save/Store Office Docs Online with Google Docs and Google Apps
- Synchronize with Skydrive from Windows Explorer using SDExplorer plugin
- Microsoft Office 2010 Version & Price Comparison
- Sync bookmarks online – Windows Live Mesh
- Sync your bookmarks at Office and Home using: Xmarks Open tabs
- “Cannot find the file Wordret.msi” – Error Installing Office XP SP-1
- Sync and share files with OpenDrive