How top Open Elevated Command-Prompt in Windows 7
You must be asked by various Windows 7 or Microsoft blog or website posters to open an elevated command prompt window. Though this is usually basic, some users are still unknown to this issue. So I’m posting a separate post on how to open an elevated command-prompt window in Windows 7.
There are two ways of doing this.
1. Long Way 2. Short-Cut.
First, the long way.
Press the Start button and type “cmd” in the search box. Note: Do not press the “enter” button immediately. Now you’ll see “cmd.exe” in the Start Menu Program options. Right click the option and press “Run as Administrator”.
Voila, you are now in elevated command prompt window mode. A separate command window will open with the path as C:\windows\system32. This makes doubly sure that you’re in elevated command prompt window.
Second, the short-cut.
All you need to do this press some keys at the same time. Press the Start button and type cmd in the search box and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys all at same time. Hola, you’re now in elevated command prompt window.
- How to Maximize Command Prompt Window to Full Screen in Windows 7
- Command-Line Options for Windows 7 Performance Data
- How to Enable Hibernation in Windows 7 Start Menu
- How to Disable Hibernation in Windows 7
- Windows 7 Power Problem Solutions : Sleep Mode & Energy Report
- How to Check Windows 7 reliability
- How to Open Internet Explorer pages in Chrome
- Sync your bookmarks at Office and Home using: Xmarks Open tabs