Related Posts for Blogger : Widget Inserts Automatically
If you’ve seen my newer posts on this blog, you will find that “related posts” appear after the post automatically, though you may not have observed it. I would like to thank “Debajyoti Das” for notifying me of this excellent service, by which we can add 10 more or less “Related posts for Blogger” after every post. The application of this hack is very simple. You just need to insert some code in the blogger template HTML code. I’ll detail the specifications below.
1. Visit the following site : http://www.brps.appspot.com/
2. Click on the link “Get Key and Install”, as shown in the below figure.
3.You will be presented with the following screen.
This is like a related posts blogger widget where you can use this service to automatically inserts related posts in blogger. Each post is given some rating by the service’s algorithm and that is how the related posts are displayed. In the textbox, enter the address of your blog. for e.g http://www.example.blogspot.com or http://www.ezine.com. Click on the button which says “Get Key and Installation Steps”. You will be displayed with a unique id for your blog and specific installation instructions on how to install this service in blogger template.
4. If you’re so hungry to know what is in the installation set, just continue reading the post. There are many ways of applying this service in your blogger template, but I’ll suggest using the manual method, if you want to place the “Related Posts” details after the post.
“Related Posts” service added after the Blogger post, manually
Step 1. Go to Layout/Edit HTML/Edit Template
Step 2. BACKUP your template! Do not skip this!
Step 3. Check Expand Widget Templates, then Find a block like:
<div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-3'/> ...</div>
Step 4. Add one more line to be:
<div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-3'/> ...</div><div id='related_posts'/>
Step 5. Go to the end for:
Step 6. Add two more lines to be:
- Windows Live Writer! Blogger
- How to Hibernate Automatically in Windows 7
- Twhirl! Twitter Desktop client!
- Gmail! Stop adding contacts automatically
- IE8 tabs not working/sluggish/slow : Solution from Microsoft: KB 926449
- Convert PDF to RTF or Microsoft Word format: Online tool for conversion.
- A SEO Tool: Check Google SERP or Position