Windows 7: Paint.NET 3.5.5 released
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
As usual, there are two ways to get it. The first is to just go to the Paint.NET website and download it; there is no need to uninstall your older version, as that will be taken care of automatically. The second way is to use the built-in updater. The program will automatically offer you the update within the new week, or you can go to the Utilities menu and click on Check for Updates.
Here’s what’s new since v3.5.4 for Windows 7,Vista & XP:
- Fixed the bug where saving as 8-bit PNG/GIF/BMP wasn’t always working, usually with larger images.
- Improved the performance of the Gaussian Blur effect by 30-40%.
- Improved the performance of all the layer blending modes by 15-30%.
- Improved the performance of zooming with the mouse wheel on dual-core Intel Atom systems.
- Updated to support .NET 4.0 if no other version of .NET is installed.
- Reduced download size from 4.8MB down to 3.5MB.
- Fixed a small error in the Chinese translation.
Please note that Service Pack 3 (SP3) is now required for Windows XP users. For those using Windows Vista, you must now have Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed. If you do not have these installed, then the Paint.NET installer will open the appropriate download page on Microsoft’s site.
- Windows 7 Installation: Customize, Remove unnecessary windows utilities: RT Seven Lite
- Windows 7 download: Best 30 HD wallpapers
- Windows 7: Customize Thumbnail previews in your taskbar
- How to use Mail in Windows 7: Windows Live Mail & Gmail Set Up
- Download from Rapidshare,Megaupload,Hotfile etc Easily: Direct Access: No Captcha required
- How to Make Windows XP Perform Faster
- Beware of Microsoft Update KB971033: Windows Activation Technologies