IE8 tabs not working/sluggish/slow : Solution from Microsoft: KB 926449
I already wrote an article in my blog, about slow performance of IE8 tabs and mainly the slowness in opening a new tab, saying “Connecting” and then opening after a few seconds when you click on a new tab.
Well, that was a half a solution I found to be, as my tabs were still opening a little bit slower , but better than before. So I googled the net for a better solution and hola! I found a better solution , which is from Microsoft and it works really!
The credit goes to www.winmatrix.com
On a article about fixing the slowness of the tabs, there was a comment which suggested a solution which was from Microsoft themselves.
Procedure to Fix the problem:
Create a restore point.
* Click Start> All Programs> Accessories>System Tools> System Restore.
* In the "System Restore" box, click on "Create a restore point" and then click on "Next".
And then follow the on screen instructions.
Delete the temporary files.
* Click on start >Click on Run > type “prefetch” without quotes. Hit enter to open the prefect folder. Select all the files and delete them.
* Click on start >Click on Run > type “%temp%” without quotes. Hit enter to open the %temp% folder. Select all the files and delete them.
Well this step is important .
Reset the internet explorer settings.
* Open Internet Explorer > click Tools > Click Internet Options > under browsing click delete > Delete Cookies, Temporary Files, history and click close.
* Go to Internet option> Security>custom level>disable the smart scan filter.
* Open Content tab > Under Certificates > Click Clear SSL State > Click ok.
* Open connection tab and click on LAN settings. On the LAN properties window please make sure the options mentioned below are unchecked:
• automatically detect settings
• Use automatic configuration script
• Use a proxy server for your LAN.
* Open Advanced tab > under Browsing section > Uncheck Third Party Browser Extensions.
* Also under Advanced tab > under Security section > Uncheck option Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks.
* Under the advance tab go to the multimedia section and check all the boxes under it.
* Click Reset button at the bottom > click reset again and then close the small pop up box.
* Click on apply button and then click OK.
* Close internet explorer and reopen it and check for the issue.
You can also find these steps on our support website http://support.micro….com/kb/926449/ and the article is KB 926449.
- Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)! Open tabs faster
- IE8! Problems
- Windows 7! Libraries – A new feature…
- Format Factory 2.0! Free Software to Convert VCD/*.dat TO DVD/*.vob
- Internet Explorer 8 Accelerator : Turn the Icon On or Off!
- uTorrent 1.8.2: Optimum Speed
- Opera Mail Client! Check Multiple G-mail Accounts