Windows 7! Show Desktop Icon
If you think, there is no “show desktop” icon in Windows 7, don’t worry there is a solution. By the way, if you want to know the default, it’s just at the bottom right hand side corner, beside the clock. When you move your mouse over it, you can have a peek at the desktop. (AeroPeek)
But what if you want to have the XP style. Hmm, there is a solution for that. Just copy the below code to Notepad and save it as “Desktop.scf”, to a folder e.g temp1 created on the desktop or anywhere else.
- Now right click on taskbar and select “Toolbars – > New Toolbar…”
- It’ll open Browse dialog box. Select the folder which you created on desktop e.g temp1 and click on "Select folder" button.
- It’ll immediately add that folder to taskbar.
- Now right-click on taskbar and select "Lock the taskbar" to unlock it.
- You’ll see a placeholder to drag the new toolbar.
- Right-click on the toolbar placeholder and uncheck "Show Title" and "Show Text" options.
- If you want to increase the icon size, right-click on the toolbar placeholder and enable "View -> Large Icons" option.
- Now, drag the “pinned toolbar” to the right, untill the “desktop” icon comes as first.
Now lock the taskbar again.
Update: There is a little problem with the above steps. I have updated the post.